12/19 - Rx @ The Laboratory (MiamiBass/Dubstep/etc)

Discussions relating to North and Central Florida.
(ie. Gainesville, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas)

Moderator: josh wickham

Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

12/19 - Rx @ The Laboratory (MiamiBass/Dubstep/etc)

Post by Adikt »

Dubstep/GlitchHop/MiamiBass/Breakcore/IDM

official PwF pre-party...

info to follow
Last edited by Adikt on Dec 2 2009 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

notice the enation logo?

sticky please :wink:
Double Y Chrome
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Double Y Chrome »

what is the Laboratory.....
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

The Laboratory is a cafe in the building Fluid Skate Shop used to be in, on Univeristy

its called a "cafe of science" which to be honest consists of a mediocre science decor in a good sized green painted room, chrome cafe tables & chairs & a cafe counter that sells sandwiches, salads, some fucking huge nachos & draft beers in 20oz beakers, along with a large assortment of expensive beers like Rogue. Wine, cigs & cigars as well. They have a house sound system that is damn good for a 'cafe' and a lot of blacklights. They actually have a small second room that they plan on using for future parties.

The hiphop collective does something there every Tuesday with Wax Atom & some other djs. i went two weeks ago & there were over 50 people. Live shows are pretty crowded there & they have some other nights like open mic & karaoke that also do very well.

it has a nice vibe about it but honestly, is otherwise unimpressive.
basically, its trying something new...
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

edit: thanks :)

... :twisted:
Sargo
newskool
newskool

Post by Sargo »

I play trivia at the Lab on Tuesdays you should come out mike, you would probably be a good addition to the team
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

HipHop night tonight with Wax Atom and then...

RX TOMORROW! Come get your prescription :twisted:
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

this night is beyond description. it went off WAY better than i had even hoped for! I never expected so many people nor did i expect so many people to enjoy the music they had never heard before! 3 (paid) crackheads up in the front row singing along when they recognized my james brown & peter tosh samples...then doing a full on chorus line dance to uk dubstep & breakcore! there are videos of this and will make it here eventually...thank you to all the DJs for actually listening & enjoying each other's music...thank you to Larry at the Laboratory for being such a great host what with the free sandwiches & smiling face from start to finish! I mean, we stopped charging people entry at 11 cus we had already made more at the door then all 3 months at Sharab combined! People coming early and staying all night!? Thank you everyone who came out for helping to restore a bit of my lost faith in Gainesville's soul...looking forward to continuing the Dubby monthlies with such a nice vibe...see you all in 2010... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: