WANTED: DJ for tutoring/jam sessions

Sell/Buy/Trade here!
eNation claims no responsibility of any thing that happens with this forum. Buyer Beware. Happy buying!
jaimiekeiko
Groupie
Groupie

WANTED: DJ for tutoring/jam sessions

Post by jaimiekeiko »

Hi everybody,

My name is Jaimie Wilson, some of the old school people on here may remember me as dj keiko. Anyway, I haven't spun in years and would like to get back into it, but have no decks of my own. I am looking for a talented DJ with a quality set up who would be willing to tutor me and just jam in general. I will pay per session. I am hoping to find someone who spins deep house, nasty breaks, two-step... I do NOT like jungle or trance, (Sorry.)

Back in the day, I considered myself a decent DJ, so after I get some practicing in, I should be OK. You won't have to listen to two hours of train wrecks or anything. I basically just want someone to practice with and spin great tunes. You must have two Technics, a quality mixer and decent sound. And I only want to spin vinyl. (I'm an old lady.)

A little about me...
I am female, 36 and have a great record collection. Like I said, I used to spin (played some clubs in Atlanta, a few here), but I never really liked spinning out. Too much pressure, too many idiots. I also like to program music.

Anyway, we can talk more if you are interested. Just give me a call: 710-1924. Later!
Grant Carlisle
Dj

Post by Grant Carlisle »

I don't have decks neither Cd or Vinyl But, if you're wanting to learn Ableton or programs like Traktor, Mixvibes, or Final Scratch with out the use of Cd decks or turntables Or, possibly music production with reason and other midi programs I don't mind giving you a hand. I'm available on Fridays and Saturdays now. I don't have a studio set up per-say. I do have a couple nice pieces of gear such as the Apc 40 and couple other controllers as well as some good speaker. I can get you familiar with.I live in the Baymeadows area of Jax so if this works for you hit me up. Now I'm not saying that, I won't take your money however it's really not necessary.
I like all kinds of EDM so, I'm sure that musical taste won't be an issue. :D
jaimiekeiko
Groupie
Groupie

Post by jaimiekeiko »

Hi. Thanks for posting. I'm not saying I wouldn't try CD decks, but I'm awfully suspicious of them. I have to admit, I'm a vinyl junkie/collector, and I'm not hip with the times. I just prefer the feel and sound texture of vinyl. LOL. I'm old. But, I am interested in maybe making some tunes. I wrote some songs some years back, but I haven't done it in so long, I'm sure I won't remember much. I used to use Reason, Cubase and Waves. I still have Reason and Nuendo, plus the Waves bundle (Gold, I think). I also have a MIDI controller. So, that's a start, eh? I also have Ableton, but have never used it. I'd like to learn how to rock that.

As for money, why don't we meet up, see how it goes and take it from there. I'm sure I can come up with something for your troubles. BTW... how old are you? What do you do. Feel free to send me a private message if you want.
Grant Carlisle
Dj

Post by Grant Carlisle »

I will definitely do. :D
In the meantime.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/grant.c.richardson
Grant Carlisle
Dj

Post by Grant Carlisle »

I will definitely do. :D
In the meantime.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/grant.c.richardson
david30
Groupie
Groupie

Re: WANTED: DJ for tutoring/jam sessions

Post by david30 »

I Used to be a memeber of this board many years ago. But, Hiya to everyone. I am currently retired from the Dj business. I just wanted to say hiya to everyone. Cause it's been a long time. Jen hit me up on a private message. You will remember who I am. lol I hope you are doing good girl.
naeem