it's all about location.

Jokes, misc websites, useless info, etc. Post messages that will appeal to everyone, everywhere.
Angie
Dj

it's all about location.

Post by Angie »

:( Maybe Jacksonville is just a dead end like so many people complain about. It was all busted before, and maybe no matter how hard we try what we really want will never really happen here. Even if we bring all the best dj's and try to keep up with all that is going on in the world, it still won't be as "good" as other big cities. Thanks for the reality. Sorry my high hopes of making the best of what we have were just out of line. :cry:
Last edited by Angie on Jul 27 2005 07:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DBK
Stanton
Stanton

Post by DBK »

:lol: screw that... its already what I want it to be. often times when I go to Ocean Club or Plush I normally am limited to how long I stay by how thick the crowd gets... That means we've got clubs that do pack out, but I tend to prefer the ones that stay with nice breathing room. We have a good thing going, and there's always something good on Saturday night, that's all I want. Don't let either one of those people get ya down, we blatantly have a better time than they do on any given weekend. You can sleep well with a smile knowing that.

:thumleft:
jayville
newskool
newskool

Post by jayville »

I have a blast in this town. The people that complain about jax. Complain about everything anyways. Why worry about the bad parts, Xploit the good parts.
cocoon
Gemini
Gemini

Post by cocoon »

luv jax :D
im glad that im going back to jax, weeeeeeeeee
and plush is fun sometimes...like halloween night..
this guy won the costume award, he was wearing a looooong neck and everything crazy...when he took off his mask, he was a really, REALLY old dude...i was like 8O , but then i thought jax rocks :twisted:
"I'm not a horse, I'm a hornless Unicorn."
vicocet
newskool
newskool

Re: You guys are right...

Post by vicocet »

Angie wrote:Even if we bring all the best dj's and try to keep up with all that is going on in the world, it still won't be as "good" as other big cities.
bring them to gainesville.
I don't do drugs, I am drugs.
buddacupz
Gemini
Gemini

Post by buddacupz »

jayville wrote:I have a blast in this town. The people that complain about jax. Complain about everything anyways. Why worry about the bad parts, Xploit the good parts.
I only complain about the driving..
Ashes to Ashes Dust-to-Dust, Life is short so Party We must!
manus
Stanton
Stanton

Post by manus »

Angie wrote::( Maybe Jacksonville is just a dead end like so many people complain about. It was all busted before, and maybe no matter how hard we try what we really want will never really happen here. Even if we bring all the best dj's and try to keep up with all that is going on in the world, it still won't be as "good" as other big cities. Thanks for the reality. Sorry my high hopes of making the best of what we have were just out of line. :cry:
People only complain about Jax cause it never "packs out" with people at the clubs that they like. Jax has now grown up and its now our time to grab people and educate them about the music. When we first started out, we were on the other side of the line. We were feed the music by others, well now its our time to feed people. I dont think there is a day that goes by that I dont try and talk to someone about the clubs or parties in jax, about my weeklies, and about dnb. We are now on the other side of the line. Its now our time to make something happen. We need more people in the scene and the only way to do that is to grab someone and say "hey this song is fucking sick..... listen to this!" If you dont do that, then there will be no new people in the scene and it will never grow.
dirrrteeee
Dj

Post by dirrrteeee »

well put jason
in previous years we did not want it to grow because we were the subculture but now its time to flourish
D Min
Stanton
Stanton

Post by D Min »

Dead? no, far from it. Its hard to compare us to a heavy hitting market like miami, or philly, or etc, but were on our way twords the light. It takes a LONG time of ALOT of dedicated work. Like jason said, its all about personal motivation. Just because the clubs dont pack out, doesnt mean we should not respect the fact that there ARE people there. I cant count how many times lately ive heard comments from just random people about how much the scene has been growing in jacksonville. You cant win every time. You have to get up and try again, and again, and again, and again. Art/Music isnt as 'carefree' as so many people seem to think it is. Its years and years of your heart and soul poured into every facet of your life. If you give up, it certainly will never happen.

-Aim for the stars, even if you fall short your still in the clouds-
Intrakit
Junglist
Junglist

Post by Intrakit »

Angie wrote::( Maybe Jacksonville is just a dead end like so many people complain about.
No way angie, after the vibe we saw at big bud, we are fully recharged on things 2 come. keep your chin up. We're all just getting started!~ Image :twisted:
Angie
Dj

Post by Angie »

cool so where were you guys when homeboi was discouraging me in the other thread. Cuz ppl like him make me feel it's not even worth it to try. That combined w/ all the other shady things I see on a constant basis. I'm getting sick of my good friends putting so much effort into their dj'ing and not benefitting from it AT ALL!

I know Brian. I know that there are good vibes and i should keep my chin up. But damn.. ppl are ALWAYS freaking complaining that this isn't like this or that city.. why the phuck don't they just move away if they don't like it. It really brings me down sometimes. Thanks for all the positivity though you guys are my peeps.
Intrakit
Junglist
Junglist

Post by Intrakit »

Angie wrote:I know Brian. I know that there are good vibes and i should keep my chin up. But damn.. ppl are ALWAYS freaking complaining that this isn't like this or that city.. why the phuck don't they just move away if they don't like it. It really brings me down sometimes. Thanks for all the positivity though you guys are my peeps.
yeah, just let them complain. these people have very little insight on current things and generally wanna just stir things up. who cares ya know? just keep doing your thing and fuck all the haters. that's how we do. :twisted:
DBK
Stanton
Stanton

Post by DBK »

I try to shy away from the dramatic parts, so I didn't step in, but you know I always got your back :D ... not to mention, you do a quite nice job of self defense Image

... :thumleft:
Angie
Dj

Post by Angie »

Image haha
yeah, i guess the "fuck off" part was a lil dramatic, but it's sincerely how i felt at the time.

word up guys. I'll work even harder to keep doing our thing here. Phuck the haters.! 8)
Dawn
Gemini
Gemini

Post by Dawn »

Angie wrote:Image haha
yeah, i guess the "fuck off" part was a lil dramatic, but it's sincerely how i felt at the time.

word up guys. I'll work even harder to keep doing our thing here. Phuck the haters.! 8)
babe, no one in the world can make you happy but you...don't worry about other people and what they say...it's a very small part of a very large world...