Logic vs Ableton

Discussions relating to North and Central Florida.
(ie. Gainesville, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas)

Moderator: josh wickham

josh wickham
Florida Gator

Logic vs Ableton

Post by josh wickham »

Round 1.

I'm learning Logic Pro (just got jam packs, haven't installed them yet) and its starting to look like its a better program than Ableton.
Ray Fenn
newskool
newskool

Post by Ray Fenn »

i've never used either of them, so dunno...do they do the same things? i always thought logic might do more, so wouldn't be good to compare them, but not sure....
Brian---H
newskool
newskool

Post by Brian---H »

I've heard Logic is better but has a steeper learning curve.
AXiS
newskool
newskool

Post by AXiS »

Logic is an excellent program, I'd def rate it above Live. They aren't really marketed to do the same thing, though. Logic has a lot more audio recording and editing tools than Live. And the included software instruments and synths in Logic blow the ones included with Live away, imo. There's some really powerful softsynths, samplers, and drum sequencers in Logic.
Adam Singer
Dj

Post by Adam Singer »

Haven't used Logic, but Ableton is phenomenal - lightyears beyond Acid and Reason. It just feels more tweakable and it's so intuitive to use. I'm able to go from nothing to something I like fairly quickly, so I spend more time writing progressions vs. always trying to perfect sounds.

Ghost would agree :)
D/L music free under creative commons: http://agsinger.com
Double Y Chrome
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Double Y Chrome »

Adam Singer wrote:Haven't used Logic, but Ableton is phenomenal - lightyears beyond Acid and Reason. It just feels more tweakable and it's so intuitive to use. I'm able to go from nothing to something I like fairly quickly, so I spend more time writing progressions vs. always trying to perfect sounds.

Hydra is such a lurker.
Adam Singer
Dj

Post by Adam Singer »

Oh come on YY, my last post was in August 2008 - not that long ago...
josh wickham
Florida Gator

Post by josh wickham »

Hydra!!!!..........

Hows my hairy little jewbot doing?
Adam Singer
Dj

Post by Adam Singer »

Cold, but good. I'll have to make the pilgrimage back to North Florida one of these days.
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

Nice to see ya Adam. Hope all is well with you sir.
Thanks for all the shoes.
josh wickham
Florida Gator

Post by josh wickham »

Where you living now Hydra?

I got Ableton 8 up an running again so I've not been learning Logic. I still want to but my job is keeping me rather busy at the moment.
Double Y Chrome
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Double Y Chrome »

josh wickham wrote:Where you living now Hydra?

I got Ableton 8 up an running again so I've not been learning Logic. I still want to but my job is keeping me rather busy at the moment.
Hydra lives with his parents in Miami
ßéñjåmmiñ
Gemini
Gemini

Post by ßéñjåmmiñ »

Adam Singer wrote:Haven't used Logic, but Ableton is phenomenal - lightyears beyond Acid and Reason. It just feels more tweakable and it's so intuitive to use. I'm able to go from nothing to something I like fairly quickly, so I spend more time writing progressions vs. always trying to perfect sounds.

I will never understand why people compare Ableton to other programs... it is a PURPOSE built program that can do many SIMILAR tasks that other programs do... but I don't think there is such a thing as a replacement for Logic/Sonar/Cubase/Nuendo/ProTools...etc... those are all very well programmed and thought out sequencers that do their job as well as you know how to use them... same for Ableton, it's only as good as you are... Reason I think was also a very purpose built app that does what it was meant to do as well as any other... and depending on what you are doing, if you know what you're doing, you can do just about anything you want with any ONE of these programs...
* R.I.P. Dan "I'm not the man" D'Mantra - not a day goes by that I don't think about you, I miss you man!