Ultra 6 the Aftermath

W M C - Events, meet ups, rides, feelings, thoughts. How parties were, what you're going to... ...
CrimelessRaver
newskool
newskool

Ultra 6 the Aftermath

Post by CrimelessRaver »

So made it down to good old Vice City for yet another instalment of Ultra. My biggest issue w/ the event has always been how commercial it is, so immagine my shock when I bump into a camera man for MTV!!! WTF? So MTV and PAY-PER-VIEW were there...wierd..... So now I have a new POLITICAL idea on it all....America is Capitalism right? So if they're going to cash in on us then it just proves that our culture is going no where. And the more $$$ They make, the more they'll stand up for keeping the scene alive becuase it's a major loss for them if we get cut. So my new theory is fine Commercializse the shit outta us! I don't care. I don't have to buy your overpriced crap, but if someone is and that's protecting me than SO BE IT!!!!!
Any-woozle, I had a wonderful time and it was the first time my best friend had ever been to a rave, so it was a LOT of fun to get his reactions on things... I was a little disappointed though b/c I got him all geared up for the sundown... "Freaks come out at Night" tradition and even took him to the main stage and they didn't play it. I felt soooo let down. Probably shouldn't have left the DNB area after all. He was deffinetly blow away and amazed by all of you wonderful Friendly Ravers and I will be bringing him to another never fear!
Well I gotta cut this one short, but I'll be back on to post more later.
P.S.
Word up to Tiesto for making my buddy a new die hard fan! LOL
PLUR ---> Peace, Love, Unity, Respect
PLUR ----> Please Let Us RAVE
PLUR ----> People Look Ugly Rolling
:)
IllBee
newskool
newskool

Post by IllBee »

I hated the Armani Fashion Show...

Everything else was butta!!!
Preppy Raver
eNation crew
eNation crew

Post by Preppy Raver »

IllBee wrote:I hated the Armani Fashion Show...

Everything else was butta!!!
i second that...WTF was that all about?
chris fog
newskool
newskool

beauty<rhythm

Post by chris fog »

Except for one of the twigs, er models, it just goes to show that alot of beautiful(?) people have no rhythm....
uberghey?
yes i agree.
and i concur with the dnb thang because if i remember correctly-
i was never a cold beer away from the jungle from 3pm on...
still have no voice...

fog
nsingh20v
newskool
newskool

Recap:

Post by nsingh20v »

Ultra was good... Left Orlando around 2pm. Got down to Miami like 6ish. Grabbed some food from Bayfront park, paid $20 for parking in a garage, only thing i could find...
I had purchased a ticket online so did that, and went in. The intial walk in screening was pretty fast. Went straight over to the Main stage, where I waited for Tiesto to come on, met with some peeps and we chilled in the VIP area. The music was awesome, saw Tiesto, Oakenfold, Corsten, and PVD 8O All the djs i wanted to see.
Walked around and checked out the different music venues and stuff on display. The place was sooo packed with pepul though, it was cool seeing everyone paryting down though :)
Didn't hear that much 'Trance' music though from the mainstage, i was expecting more... It was still great music though. Everything seemed to be happening so fast with all the different DJs and music.
Only thing purchased was some bottles of water which were $5/bottle.

Great turn-out of people though. Didn't have enough $$ to hit the scene after, so just chilled in the hotel and drove home to Orlando a few hours later. Was a great trip, got to see the DJs i wanted, met some cool peeps too. Can't wait until next year.
maximchic
Gemini
Gemini

Post by maximchic »

...oh yes, the main amphitheater my friends decided to try and make a closer trip to the front! ::MISTAKE:: we should have just stayed at the jungle stage, people and the main amphitheater were brutal! they wouldnt event let u pass them...*lol i saw a few people getting into it because of it! ....well i would have done the same thing...but i was happy :P
KruciaL
Junglist
Junglist

Post by KruciaL »

since when did ultra turn into a fucking CIRCUS!?!?!? Jesus christ i never been hounded by so many undercovers in one day trying to bust me, i lost count at 30...... no joke..... DEA was havin a field day!!
Preppy Raver
eNation crew
eNation crew

Post by Preppy Raver »

KruciaL wrote:since when did ultra turn into a fucking CIRCUS!?!?!? Jesus christ i never been hounded by so many undercovers in one day trying to bust me, i lost count at 30...... no joke..... DEA was havin a field day!!
hence the reason they didnt do any pat downs what so ever when i got there at 2 pm
allmightyone420
Promoter

Post by allmightyone420 »

KruciaL wrote:since when did ultra turn into a fucking CIRCUS!?!?!? Jesus christ i never been hounded by so many undercovers in one day trying to bust me, i lost count at 30...... no joke..... DEA was havin a field day!!

undercovers.........
Adikt wrote:aside from that its all Techno hahaha...damn fist pumpers :lol:
Brian---H
newskool
newskool

Post by Brian---H »

I agree with the original post. Let them commercialize the events so we can gain publicity, attract more people to the music, some of which will filter down into the underground. That's how I got into the music and if we want to see the scene grow, I think that this will be a necessary step. I'm sick of people in the underground bashing the commercial DJs, they are a necessary part of keeping our scene alive as much as I disagree with what they're doing.
maximchic
Gemini
Gemini

Post by maximchic »

i burned one in front of a few...i figured WTF they bust me there going to have to bust them all...::blows smoke:: :lol:
Stardust
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Stardust »

my friends & I got there around 5, we got mad drunk and headed to find our other group of friends! The one thing that sucked was they put all the djs that i wanted to hear all at one time it seemed! so while half the group chilled on the hill behind the breaks stage, the other half including myself went from stage to stage to hear everyone! It was kinda fun making fun of all the beautiful ppl who stuck out! Danced my ass off all night long, and continued at global and then at vriam and then at band-its and then on club maze all the way through 5am monday morning! that was alot of fun, i havent danced that much since my younger years!
KruciaL
Junglist
Junglist

Post by KruciaL »

u saw me at maze im sure.. . had on a white kangol golfer cap . ..couldnta missed me. .. couldnt stay off the dancefloor ;)
Preppy Raver
eNation crew
eNation crew

Post by Preppy Raver »

KruciaL wrote:u saw me at maze im sure.. . had on a white kangol golfer cap . ..couldnta missed me. .. couldnt stay off the dancefloor ;)

i saw you at GG.
Stardust
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Stardust »

KruciaL wrote:u saw me at maze im sure.. . had on a white kangol golfer cap . ..couldnta missed me. .. couldnt stay off the dancefloor ;)
yeah i saw you! I was dancing right there w/ you lol I was the chic wearing all black w/ bright red hair! From Ultra to GG to vriam to maze i literally did not sit down once! that shit was off the chain!Hell i only slept for five hours and then off to the afterdark party where i danced another 6 hours straight! I miss dancing like that! Makes me want to move to miami!