LMAO -> Special K being used to treat depression!

Jokes, misc websites, useless info, etc. Post messages that will appeal to everyone, everywhere.
CrimelessRaver
newskool
newskool

LMAO -> Special K being used to treat depression!

Post by CrimelessRaver »

OMG, I found this article in today's paper! What a laugh!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the link,
http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGB31HOLPQE.html

Here's the article:

TBO.com > News > Metro

Researchers Find Drug Gives Quick Depression Relief
Skip directly to the full story.
The Washington Post

Published: Aug 11, 2006

WASHINGTON - Government researchers announced this week that they have had striking success in treating depression in a matter of hours, using an experimental injectable drug that acts much more quickly than conventional antidepressants.

The study, based on a small sample, is part of a push by researchers to develop treatments that can bring quick relief to patients with mental disorders. Patients and their doctors report that it often takes weeks or months for most available medications to improve symptoms.

Much more work needs to be done before patients can see benefits from the breakthrough, the researchers said. Among the unanswered questions are whether patients will be able to tolerate the drug for long periods, and whether it will continue to be effective. Researchers said they hope the finding will prompt the pharmaceutical industry to develop similar compounds with fewer side effects that then can be tested on a large scale.

"Psychiatrists have gotten used to the idea we have to wait weeks or months, but we can break the sound barrier and get an antidepressant effect within hours," said Carlos Zarate Jr., chief of the mood disorders research unit at the National Institute of Mental Health.

Zarate and his colleagues wrote about their findings in the current issue of the Archives of General Psychiatry.

In the study, 18 patients were injected with a drug called ketamine, which has been used for a long time as an anesthetic. Patients briefly experienced a well-known side effect of the drug - a mild feeling of dissociation, where they felt disconnected or found it difficult to put thoughts into words.

Ketamine is a controlled substance and can produce mild euphoria.

The dissociative symptoms disappeared within hours, and shortly afterward, patients and physicians reported a dramatic improvement in mood. Half the patients had a 50 percent decline in depression symptoms, and by the end of the first day, 71 percent reported a similar improvement.
allmightyone420
Promoter

Post by allmightyone420 »

I miss K
Adikt wrote:aside from that its all Techno hahaha...damn fist pumpers :lol:
dirrrteeee
Dj

Post by dirrrteeee »

hmmm i seem to remember that stuff making me be a bit depressed afterwards but i was only snorting it
josh wickham
Florida Gator

Post by josh wickham »

8)