Any of you running Ableton 8 on a mac?

Discussions relating to North and Central Florida.
(ie. Gainesville, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas)

Moderator: josh wickham

josh wickham
Florida Gator

Any of you running Ableton 8 on a mac?

Post by josh wickham »

I'm having some issues with ableton 8.1.1 on my mac...Anybody else using? (yes, it a drug)
Double Y Chrome
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Double Y Chrome »

Somebody help Josh!

tech44
newskool
newskool

Post by tech44 »

Buy a legit copy :lol:
Grant Carlisle
Dj

Post by Grant Carlisle »

tech44 wrote:Buy a legit copy :lol:
Yes This is very true. I had alot of trouble with bootleg version in the past, maybe revert back to the the 7.1 air realease never had a problem with that one other than when i got the APC 40 i had to get a full version to have acess to the Apc 40 control surface.
josh wickham
Florida Gator

Post by josh wickham »

tech44 wrote:Buy a legit copy :lol:

Hey!!....uhhhhh

So I got it working :) got the full suite. loving it.
JasonNeumeyer
newskool
newskool

Post by JasonNeumeyer »

Hit me up if you have any questions, I'm running the latest version on a mac. I broke down and bought suite 8 since I use it so much.
josh wickham
Florida Gator

Post by josh wickham »

JasonNeumeyer wrote:Hit me up if you have any questions, I'm running the latest version on a mac. I broke down and bought suite 8 since I use it so much.
The program is running fine but when I save projects and go to open them again it tells me the file is corrupt.

While I'm figuring out what the hell is wrong with ableton I've decided to learn Logic 8...more info to come later I guess. I'm watching tutorials on Logic (There's tons of them out there for all sound programs) and seem to be picking it up fairly quickly.

Hopefully by the time I learn Logic ,Ableton will be up and running again...I know you can open up Ableton within Logic but I haven't looked into this yet (I guess you open it as a VST? I really have no idea)...
tech44
newskool
newskool

Post by tech44 »

josh wickham wrote:
JasonNeumeyer wrote:Hit me up if you have any questions, I'm running the latest version on a mac. I broke down and bought suite 8 since I use it so much.
The program is running fine but when I save projects and go to open them again it tells me the file is corrupt.

While I'm figuring out what the hell is wrong with ableton I've decided to learn Logic 8...more info to come later I guess. I'm watching tutorials on Logic (There's tons of them out there for all sound programs) and seem to be picking it up fairly quickly.

Hopefully by the time I learn Logic ,Ableton will be up and running again...I know you can open up Ableton within Logic but I haven't looked into this yet (I guess you open it as a VST? I really have no idea)...
Here's what I found.

This is a file error right?

Go to the program folder and find config.erp file. Open this and on line 37 there should be a binary select (1 or 0) that your going to want to switch to 0. From this point your going to want to go online and legally acquire a legit copy of Ableton and call customer support. Tell them that the POS crack you were using didn't work as well as your Logic 8 crack. After that you should be all set.