4/13 - MC Frontalot @ The Laboratory!

Discussions relating to North and Central Florida.
(ie. Gainesville, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas)

Moderator: josh wickham

Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

4/13 - MC Frontalot @ The Laboratory!

Post by Adikt »

so i'm not huge into the genre...i love anticon & def jux but from what i'm told thats not Nerdcore. Mc Frontalot is tho. He's apparently the Godfather of Nerdcore. Which is apparently really nerdy hiphop about really nerdy stuff. MC Chris(of Adult Swim) is also Nerdcore i think. Anyway...this show next Tuesday will be dope. i think. it will definitely be nerdy. come to the Laboratory. drink local brew Swamp Head from 500mL beakers. taste Tesla's Testes. mmm...chocolatey...

there will be sets by:
MC Frontalot (live set with guitars n shit, i dunno)
Scum of the Earth (Wax Atom vs Scapegoat live)
O.N.E. (new live stuff from the HipHop Collective)
DJ Prof Drew (spinning only the finest Nerdcore)

http://www.frontalot.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MC_Frontalot

18+/21+
Doors @ 9pm
Cover is $8
dandmantra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dandmantra »

MC Frontalot is pretty cool. The production on his tracks is top notch too.
Thanks for all the shoes.
Adikt
Stanton
Stanton

Post by Adikt »

yeh he came out with a full on swing band, drum kit, bass player, synth/backup singer & Frontalot was jazzy as all hell. he closed the show with an encore very swung version of his most popular track Yellow Laser Beams which set the crowd off proper...the night was packed...almost to capacity, definitely to comfort...we could have used some extra sound in the venue but Frontalot & everyone else had a great time. He'll no doubt come back thru again some day. we have some pictures...still editing Feathers Conference pics tho so they'll prolly be delayed...